It was an evolution of the LVT-1 to LVT-4 World War II era Landing Vehicle Tracked series, but was considerably larger and could carry 30-34 combat-armed troops. A smaller design based on the M59 APC was also produced as the LVT-6, but only a handful built.
The LVTP-5 was replaced in service by the LVT-7 family.
The most common type was the LVTP-5, an armored personnel carrier, with mine-sweeper, command, recovery and fire support variants, the latter mounting a 105 mm howitzer. An anti-aircraft version was prototyped, but never saw service.
As of the mid-2010s, the sole remaining state user of the LVTH-6 was the Philippines, who used 4 of them for their naval infantry force. As of 2013, Philippine LVTH-6s came in a "digital"-style camouflage pattern.
rendered with kerkythea
the models were tested on conversions to other formats with 100% success without errors
- The model consists only of quads and tris polygons. Therefore, importing and exporting to other formats will have no problem and no artifact.
- No need to clean, just put your models on the scene and start rendering.
- High quality polygonal model - correctly sized accurate representation of the original objects
- The template was created in sketchup 2018
- The model can be animated.
- Coordinates of model location in space (x0, y0, z0).
- Scale of all the details (100,100,100).
- Texture maps included: 1050x978 screen